The Refuse Container Requirements are intended to help minimize the potential for injuries to City employees. Containers must:
- be 35 gallons or less
- have fixed, immobile handles located below the top edge
- have a watertight lid that comes completely off
- be constructed of plastic or similar watertight material
- be tapered with the diameter of the bottom no more than five inches less than the diameter of the top
- be 50-pounds or less in weight, including contents.
The Refuse Brochure provides information on container requirements, as well as prohibited materials, and holidays. Please contact the General Services Department at (949) 644-3055 with any other questions.