City residents receive curbside collection of household refuse once per week. Residents may report missed collection by calling the General Services Department, Refuse Division at (949) 644-3066. Missed collection should be reported the same day in order for service to be provided in timely manner. The following are some common reasons refuse containers are not collected:
- Containers were not out by 7:00 AM on collection day;
- Containers were not placed at the curb or property line of alley ;
- Containers were blocked by vehicle(s);
- Prohibited items were placed in the refuse containers;
- Unauthorized container;
- Container and/or contents exceeded the 50 pound weight limit.
The Refuse Brochure provides more information on Missed Collection and Container Requirements. Upon correction of the problem(s), a return pick-up may be scheduled with the Refuse Supervisor. Please use the Address Search to find out what day your refuse is collected.